Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Extra Pocket!

So I have been looking awhile for a handbag made outta cute fabric. I found one on sale at Fred Meyer for like $13, but it didn't have what I use most..... a front pocket.


When I was looking through it, I noticed that it came with 2 small coin purses made outta matching fabric. (Ding, ding....light bulb went off in head)

I got home and figured out that if I took the larger of the 2 coin purses and discected it, I would be able to make a pocket out of it.


I liked the way it turned out- but I really wish I was a better sew-er. (Some stitches are a little too visible) -

Also- one of the corners was giving me a really hard time and looked awful- so I made a fabric pom pom to sit in the corner and cover my sewing fiasco. I think it is my favorite feature of my new handbag though!

No comments:

Post a Comment